Glenn’s Lamb Chops with Salsa Verde & Grilled Eggplant
Take your barbeque to the next level with this favourite recipe from our winemaker Glenn James. It features sensational lamb chops served with a light salsa verde and smoky eggplant – utterly delicious. If you’re in the Bright area, we recommend you pop into local butcher, Ricardi’s Alpine Gourmet Meat to purchase your lamb which is sourced from the Mulcahy vineyard property. You’ll taste the regional flavours and quality is exceptional.
For the ultimate entertainers lunch, pair this favourite with a glass or two of our 2019 Billy Button ‘The Alluring’ Tempranillo.
- 12 French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 basil sprigs, leaves picked
- 2 mint sprigs, leaves picked, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 500g baby eggplant, halved
For the salsa verde:
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- ½ bunch basil, leaves picked
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp capers in vinegar
- Place lamb, rosemary and half the olive oil into a bowl, season, and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in fridge 2 hours.
- For the salsa verde, place all ingredients into a food processor. Blitz to a smooth paste and season. Set aside.
- Heat a barbecue or grill pan over a high heat. In a large bowl, combine remaining oil, garlic, basil, mint and vinegar. Season and set aside. Grill the eggplant for 2-3 minutes each side until tender. Add eggplant to the garlic and herb oil mixture. Toss to coat.
- Grill lamb cutlets for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
- To serve, place lamb on a platter with the eggplant. Drizzle with salsa verde and scatter with any extra herbs.
Want to explore some of our other favourite recipes? Why not discover: